Scholarship for particularly committed international students
Provided the appropriation of funds by the DAAD, the International Office will award up to three scholarships for particularly committed international students at ASH Berlin („Stipendien für besonders engagierte Studierende“). The scholarship is financed by the DAAD STIBET I programme from funds of the German Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt, AA). Selection criteria are good academic achievements, a particular international commitment at ASH Berlin as well as your current social situation.
The earliest start of the scholarship is October 1st, 2020. The scholarship period will end on February 28th, 2021 at the latest. Scholarship amount: 400,- Euro per month.
- You do not have German citizenship and you do not have a German university entrance certificate.
- You are regularly enrolled at ASH Berlin during winter term 2020-21 (Bachelor or Master level). Erasmus+ or other exchange students cannot apply.
- You do not receive an additional scholarship from German or international sources or foundations.
- If you are being awarded the scholarship, you may not have an additional income of more than 911,- € per month (before taxes) according to the regulations of the DAAD. Otherwise the scholarship sum may have to be reduced accordingly.
Please apply with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation, approx. 1-2 pages long (German or English) in which you should describe your motivation to apply and what makes you a particularly committed international student within the context of ASH Berlin. In addition you may also describe your current social situation.
- CV (German or English)
- Confirmation of enrolment at ASH Berlin for the winter term 2020-21 (e.g. you can download a “Studienbescheinigung” from LSF)
- Up to date overview of your current grades (e.g. you can download a “Notenspiegel” from LSF)
- (if applicable) a certificate (incl. your grades) from your previous university or high school degree
Please submit your complete documents in one PDF file via e-mail to Franziska Fiebrich (fiebrich@ ash-berlin.eu). We will only consider applications which are complete and which were submitted on time. The deadline to apply is October 11th, 2020.
After we’ve received your application, we will confirm this via e-mail and inform you about how long the selection committee will be busy evaluating the applications and whether you may be invited for a short (online) interview. There is no legal claim on this scholarship.
By submitting your application documents, you confirm that you took note of the data privacy information mentioned below and you agree that your personal data will be used by Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin for the scholarship selection process as well as for the administration of the scholarship.
Data privacy information:
ASH Berlin uses your personal data for the sole purpose of the scholarship selection process as well as for the administration of the scholarship, on the legal basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data will be stored at ASH Berlin for a period of five years after the end of the scholarship period, on the legal basis of the endowment contract between Alice Salomon Hochschule and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Should your application for the scholarship be successful, your name and your e-mail address will be shared with the DAAD. Apart from that, no data will be shared with any third party.
By submitting your application documents, you confirm that you took note of the data privacy information and you agree that your personal data will be used by Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin for the scholarship selection process as well as for the administration of the scholarship.
If you withdraw your application by the above mentioned application deadline, you can request that your data will be deleted (see below for contact information), you will then be taken off the list of applicants and your data will be deleted.
Further rights of the data subject
According to GDPR, you hold the right to the following:
- right to access the data collected and processed about you (Art. 15 GDPR),
- right to rectification of incorrect personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR) and right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR),
- right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR),
- right to object future data processing (Art. 21 GDPR),
- right to complain at a data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with § 19 of the German data protection law BDSG). The responsible supervisory authority is: Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin.
Responsible person and contact:
Responsible in terms of the GDPR is
Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 99245-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , website: www.ash-berlin.eu
Contact person for any questions concerning the scholarship is Franziska Fiebrich (email@example.com) from ASH Berlin's International Office.
Contact person for any questions concerning data privacy is the data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) from funds of the German Federal Foreign Office ( Auswärtiges Amt, AA).
Ms. Franziska Fiebrich
Deputy Head, Incoming Student Coordinator
Room No. 345