The Erasmus+ grant is only intended to assist you with additional costs incurred through living abroad. It is not enough to cover all your expenses and should not be relied on for essential living costs such as food and rent. If you normally apply for a maintenance loan and/or grant (ex. "Bafög") to fund your studies in Germany, we strongly recommend that you do so for your period abroad (ex. "Auslandsbafög").
- 600€ / month for country group 1: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden
540€ / month for country group 2: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
490€ / month for country group 3: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary
You can only receive an Erasmus+ grant for a maximum of 12 months in each study level (i.e. undergraduate/ Bachelor's degree or postgraduate/ Master's degree). The exchange period must last a minimum of 2 whole months or 60 days.
The exchange period should count toward your degree and you should aim for 30 ECTS credits, but must earn at least 15 ECTS credits at your host institution while abroad to receive the scholarship.
How do I apply?
The application deadline for winter term and spring term is 31 January.
- Completed online application form, signed by you. Please choose the correct application form for the study period you are applying for, e.g. 2022/23!
Note: The online application platform "MoveON" is provided by QS Unisolution. With your registration and use of the platform, you agree that the International Office of ASH Berlin can access and use your entered data for the sole purpose of the administration of your stay abroad. Your personal details are treated confidentially and will be used exclusively for the above mentioned purpose. You can find further information in the data privacy statement of ASH Berlin and of QS Unisolution. If you have any technical problems with the platform, please call us at 030 99 245 379 or send an e-mail to fiebrich@ ash-berlin.eu.
Online application portal
- CV (German or English)
- Letter of motivation, one to one and a half written pages (German or English)
- Copy of your current certificate of enrolment at ASH Berlin ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung")
- Copy of your transcript of records (LSF printout) or your most recent (high school) diploma
- DAAD-language certificate confirming at least B1 in the main language of instruction or the level that your chosen university requires (find information about the requirements on the information pages of your studies and the relevant university)
Ms. Liisa Noack
Erasmus+ Institutional Coordinator/ Study abroad Erasmus+ and non-EU countries/ Erasmus+ STT mobility (administrative staff)
Room No. 345
Telephone consultation hours: Mondays, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Other phone consultations, video consultations, or in-person meetings available by appointment. Please contact me by email first.