Erasmus+ Programme for studying in Europe
Erasmus+ grants for studying abroad
The Erasmus+ grant is only intended to assist you with additional costs incurred through living abroad. It is not enough to cover all your expenses and should not be relied on for essential living costs such as food and rent. If you normally apply for a maintenance loan and/or grant (ex. "Bafög") to fund your studies in Germany, we strongly recommend that you do so for your period abroad (ex. "Auslandsbafög").
- 420 € /month for host countries (group 1): Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- 360 € / month for host countries (group 2): Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus
- 300 € / month for host countries (group 3): Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, FYROM, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary
These rates are valid from the summer term 2020. Please be aware that applications for remaining exchange spots ("Restplätze", after 31 January, for the next academic year) may differ due to the pre-calculated Erasmus-budget.
You can only receive an Erasmus+ grant for a maximum of 12 months in each study level (i.e. undergraduate/ Bachelor's degree or postgraduate/ Master's degree). The exchange period must last a minimum of 3 consecutive months and a maximum of 12 consecutive months. The minimum duration cannot fall below 3 whole months or 90 days.
The exchange must be full-time. The exchange period should count towards your degree and you need to receive at least 15 ECTS credits at your host institution while abroad.
How do I apply?
The application deadline for winter term 2020-21 and spring term 2021 is 31 January 2020.
NB! Scholarships are still available and admissions are still open for the spring term of 2019. Please contact us, the International Office, during office hours (on Tuesdays, 2–4pm and Thursdays, 11–1pm in room 345).
- Completed and printed online application form, signed by you (NB! Please choose the correct application form for the study period you are applying for, e.g. 2020-21.)
Note: The online application platform "MoveON" is provided by QS Unisolution. With your registration and use of the platform, you agree that the International Office of ASH Berlin can access and use your entered data for the sole purpose of the administration of your stay abroad. Your personal details are treated confidentially and will be used exclusively for the above mentioned purpose. You can find further information in the data privacy statement of ASH Berlin and of QS Unisolution. If you have any technical problems with the platform, please call us at 030 99 245 379 or send an e-mail to fiebrich@ ash-berlin.eu.
Online application portal
- CV (German or English)
- Letter of motivation, one to one and a half written pages (German or English)
- Copy of your current certificate of enrolment at ASH Berlin ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung")
- Copy of your transcript of records (LSF printout) or your most recent (high school) diploma
- DAAD-language certificate confirming at least B1 in the main language of instruction
Ms. Julia Okschewskaja
Outgoing Student Coordinator (studying abroad), contact person for outgoing staff
Room No. 345