Home Care in a Long-Living Society
Project duration: 01/07/2011 - 30/06/2013
Principal investigator: Prof. Dr. Vjenka Garms-Homolová (ASH Berlin)
Sub-principal investigator: Prof. Dr. Gernold Frank (HTW Berlin)
Project staff: Jacqueline Schoen, Jana Gampe, Philipp Peusch
Home care services:
- mevanta Pflegegesellschaft mbH mit den drei Pflegediensten:
- Kiezpflege Johanna - Krankenpflege in Pankow
- pro vita - Krankenpflege am Tierpark
- pro vita - die mobile KrankenpflegeMediserv Hauskrankenpflege
- Qualitätsverbund Netzwerk im Alter e.V.
- Das Demografie Netzwerk - ddn
- Pflegestützpunkt Siemensstadt
According to the long-term care insurance law, 26% of the care recipients in 2009 were cared by 505 Berlin home care agencies. The increase in the number of employees in the Berlin home care services is insufficient to meet the rise in demand. Unfortunately, many apprenticeship training positions and jobs remain presently vacant and many nursing staff leave their profession.
PflegeLanG would like to find ways to solve the personnel problems in the home care services. Several measures such as: recruitment of new employees, on the job training, long-term commitment and qualification of employees, and amendment of existing work processes are developed and planned to be tested.
In this process the diversity of the employees e.g. migrants, older workers, returnees and those who seek a second or even third career will be taken into account. Special emphasis will be laid on how to use the professional competence of the 50 plus generation and to increasingly involve this generation in this field.
The basis for a sustainable cooperation between actors of the outpatient care should be realized by a home care network for Berlin which is implemented during the different project periods.
- Congress „Congress Poverty and Health“ 09.-10.03.2012, TU Berlin
- Long Night of Science 02.06.2012, HTW Berlin, Campus Wilhelminenhof, Gebäude C
- Congress “ Third Care forum Bad Kissingen 2012” „Care law – Nursing practice – Care projects“ 10.-11.10.2012, Bad Kissingen with the workshop „How to get home care services fit for the future?