NaBi KiKS - Flagship Project Marzahn-Hellersdorf
Network Project "Natural Science Education - Children at School and Kindergarten / Flagship Project Marzahn-Hellersdorf"
Project duration: 10/07/2015 - 31/12/2017
Principal investigator: Prof. Dr. Hartmut Wedekind
Project staff: Sandy Beez, Kristina Gothe, Carolina Wirtz, Julia Külß, Annette Ciwinski-Wetzel, Aaron Unterberg, Sabine Marczak
- Bezirk Marzahn-Hellersdorf von Berlin
- Senatsverwaltung für Bildung, Jugend und Wissenschaft
- Kinderforscherzentrum HELLEUM Berlin
The network project "NaBi KiKS" is aimed at educational specialists and, in connection with this, at children and adolescents. The focus of the project is to discuss scientific content in the context of the "Learning Workshop” (“Lernwerkstatt").
The main goal of the project, which is inspired by the child-centred natural science work developed by the Kinderforscherzentrum HELLEUM, is to transfer this idea into the institutions (child daycare centres, schools, child and youth facilities) of the district.
Through this project, a network of natural science education is to be created, that
- contributes to the development of new teaching and learning formats,
- supports and accompanies participating institutions by installing and developing a Learning Workshop (Lernwerkstatt) within their possible structures,
- offers further training courses for educational specialists who are willing to engage with the ideas and work of the Learning Workshop (Lernwerkstatt).
Project contents and results:
- regional networking of institutions (schools, child daycare centres, universities, district-specific facilities such as neighbourhood management, child and youth facilities, clubs etc.);
- regular network meetings;
- professional advice and support from the project's internal specialists;
- further training courses;
- exchange and development of materials for work in the Lernwerkstatt (development and implementation of smaller didactic concepts and learning units, development of working aids, testing suitable teaching and working materials).
Funding: European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Keywords: Lernwerkstatt, Natural Scientific Work, School, Kindergarten, Child Daycare, Marzahn - Hellersdorf