BAfög advice from studierendenWERK Berlin
The BAföG (German state student grant and loan) advice from the studierendenWERK Berlin is for all students who are just beginning their study programme. Help is provided with the first application for assistance under the Federal Education and Training Assistance Act (BAFöG). The advice also includes detailed information about the conditions for receiving assistance.
Open office hours – no appointment required
Tuesday 10.00 - 12.00 and 13.30 - 15.30
Thursday 15.00 - 18.00
Behrenstraße 40/41, 10117 Berlin
Further information you can find on the web pages of studierendenWERK Berlin.
Deutschlandstipendium (German scholarship)
The Deutschlandstipendium (German scholarship) is awarded by ASH Berlin to promote future actors in the fields of social work, early childhood education, health and care management and physiotherapy/occupational therapy. It is awarded to talented and socially engaged students who have already made special personal achievements.
If the costs for studying are likely to exceed your financial budget and jeopardise the completion of your studies, an education loan (Bildungskredit) can help to bridge the last semester before you graduate.
Education loan at a glance:
- Loan of 1,000 to 7,200 euros with up to 24 monthly instalments in the amount of 100, 200 or 300 euros
- On request, one-off payment of up to 3,600 euros for education and training-related costs
- Very low interest rate of 0.80 % effective annual interest through federal guarantee, borrowing rate 0.80% (information as at 01/10/2016)
- Can be combined with other forms of financing, e.g. BAföG
- Funding also for second courses of training and consecutive training
- No proof of achievement required after approval
- Free of charge cancellation at the end of the month possible at any time
- Repayment only begins four years after payment of the first instalment
- Low monthly repayment rate of 120 euros
- Unscheduled repayments possible at any time and in any amount free of charge
- Funding for training-related internships in Germany and abroad
- Funding for study programmes abroad and study-related periods of time abroad
Funding programmes and scholarships
- Bundesverband deutscher Stiftungen
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
- The democratic scholarship from ABSOLVENTA e.V. enables any student or graduate to apply for funding, independent of academic achievements, party membership or other memberships.
- The Otto Benecke Stiftung e.V. offers support and funding specifically for academic migrants, e.g. late repatriates, persons entitled to asylum and persons defined in Section 60 (1) of the German Residence Act (AufenthG).